Friday, April 1, 2011

Create Organization


I don't know about you but I always get ornery when I feel like things are out of control... especially with "stuff."  My husband knows that one of the best things he can do for me is to pick up the toys at the end of the night.  (Read The 5 Love Languages by Gary Chapman.  My top love language is "Acts of Service.")

A couple of years ago, we had a back porch added onto our house and with it came a huge coat closet... hooray!  However, I knew that if we didn't stay on top of "managing" it - it would become a monster.

I am a firm believer that every item in a house should have a home.  When cleaning up, it is easier - every item gets put back in it's spot.  In order to create "homes" in our closet, I decided to buy these durable baskets from Target.  They were big enough to house plenty of items but not too big to take down from the shelf.

I labeled them with black vinyl which I cut with my Cricut machine using the "Don Juan" cartridge that came with it.  I picked the top four reasons why items would collect in our back porch and created labels accordingly:

Returns (to the store)
Give Back (when friends and family are getting ready to go, I dig through to see if anything is theirs)
Savers (similar to Goodwill) and
Garage (items that came in but need to go back out)



Tis the season for spring cleaning!  Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment