Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Our Nesting Ground: Moss Letters

Image from Pottery Barn

When I was growing up, I spent a lot of time in my fort in the back yard which was really just a gigantic boulder hidden at the edge of our equally large backyard.  (I think it was therapeutic for my dad to circle on his John Deere so he just kept adding to the lawn.) As the hours of warm summer days slowly peeled off the clock, I sat surrounded by the the sights of the north woods peeling moss off of my giant fort.  


In recent years, moss has become a very popular decorating material which always pleasantly surprises me as it brings back memories of warm shade, dirt under my nails and the texture of the many different mosses God created for us to enjoy.  

Thanks to Rebekah, who sent me this link from "Our Nesting Ground", now we can see how the project above is done.  The image shown is from Pottery Barn and Sarah from "Our Nesting Ground" shows another photo from "dear lilly" and her own step by step pictures and instructions.  Enjoy!




Google Earth's view of my "fort" (the blue arrow).
I wasn't kidding when I said my dad likes his John Deere.  
   

2 comments:

  1. I love Moss! I put it in all my spring\Easter decorations. Those letters are adorable... making them yourself looks super easy, and affordable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is great, isn't it? I love that it is natural. What a unique look it creates, too.

    ReplyDelete