Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Creating a Container Garden with Sydney's Green Garden


There is a new kit in town... Sydney's Green Garden 

Here is why I love it:

* It takes all of the work out of selecting the seeds that will work well in our area
* It is on our porch and therefore out of the reach of our neighborhood deer herd
*  The containers are sturdy and won't crack or fade
*  The kit is the product of a local family who has a daughter,
Sydney, who now loves gardening and eating her vegetables
because of her involvement with her dad's container garden
* The instructions told me exactly what to plant, where, and when to plant them
*I love traditional gardening but I have such limited space in our backyard

I planted the cold weather crop seeds on May 15th
and the plants are coming up like crazy on May 31st
I woke up surprised to see we had received an inch of rain.
Now I don't have to water this morning.
I love spinach!
This crop will grow so fast the kit says to harvest  it
and plant a new vegetable halfway through the summer.
At a local gardening class, I learned to plant anywhere.
I planted the extra pea seeds in planters below the porch.
Pea plants love to climb so the lattice works well.
And they are on their way!

Although not included in the kit,
here is a bloom that opened this morning.

Thanks Sharon and Jay for the great birthday gift!  

For more information about Sydney's Green Garden visit:

No comments:

Post a Comment