Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Confessions

My son, who recently turned 4, asked me yesterday what "addiction" means. Thinking quickly, I replied, "it is when you can't get enough of something." Looking for an example, I pointed to my 1 year old daughter, who was sitting nearby desperately trying to align my shoes and step into them. "Natalie is 'addicted' to shoes," I explained. I, on the other hand, am addicted to crafting. Having such a negative connotation, I hate to label my love as addiction but I know it is.

ad·dic·tion

[uh-dik-shuhn]
is the state of being enslaved to a habit or practice or to something that is psychologically or physically habit-forming to such an extent that its cessation causes severe trauma

I like to believe that my love of creating things is different. But when I look at this definition I know that I am enslaved by my desire to go to the basement in the corner of my laundry room where all of my tools for crafting reside. Knitting, painting, drawing, crocheting, sewing, felting, beading... you name it, I love it. Is this feverish need to create so intense that cessation may cause severe trauma? Yes.

So, as an effort to put this addiction to a good use, I would like to share my creations with you. Please take these ideas and do what you would like with them. Have fun making the same projects or let them spark your own imagination. I only ask that if you are going to use these ideas, please give credit to this blog. Welcome to MarysMakings, so glad you are here!

No comments:

Post a Comment